I never have trouble falling asleep but as life gets more hectic, my bedtime is being pushed later and later. Then the middle of the night washroom breaks or checking my iPhone….really.
So here are a few life hacks for a better sleep.
- Don’t eat or drink too late. Eat light at night and before 8pm, so your body has time to digest. So when it is time to go to bed, you are relaxed.
- Night yoga or meditation. Many people find this useful but the main thing is 1 hour before bed – no electronics. ( unless you have a Kobo that has that nightlight to avoid stimulating the nerves.
- Old wive’s tale – immerse your feet in ice cold water before you snooze. Many swears by it so if all fails try it.
- Glass of red wine with some soothing music in the background. I suggest jazz or Apple’s Chill’in re-mix.
- Read a good book. That is your own time.
Bedside Caddy available at Goneshopping.ca