Lots of people ask us why we carry the Baby trekker vs the other cute carriers. Well, there is a reason behind all of this. Prior to going to China to adopt our daughter, we were searching for the safest , most comfortable baby carrier out there.
1) Given the streets in china are mostly cobblestone , narrow and crowded – you are better to carry your baby and hold on tight.
2) Bond with your new baby so she/he can feel your heart beat. So the carrier has to be comfortable for the parents too.
3) It has to be 100% secure as one of the adoptive parents activity is to climb the Great Wall of China with your new baby. The stairs are steep, there are tons of people. The baby trekker is the only one that all the adoption agencies reccomend.
4) It fits up to 44lbs. Adoptive parents for China do not get to choose their baby , so when you show up , your baby could easily be over 15lbs and other carriers cannot handle the weight. ( do you really want to risk it?)
5) Dad and Mom can both use it with the adjustable straps.
6) The carrier is a bit bulky but at the same time it is so padded that the baby simply falls asleep when you are out and about . – Money cannot buy peace like that!
Baby Trekker comes in Navy for regular cotton and organic cotton for the eco-conscious.